Pages

1.23.2015

SHITTY HANDS VS. LONG HAIR


In the days before my Rheumatoid Arthritis diagnosis, I was pretty pash about having super long hair. I ruined it up to no end with extensions and refused to cut it for YEARS! Imagine the split ends, right? It didn't matter though cause I knew with some TLC I had the sort of hair you're only ever jealous of! Bit of back-combing and a few waves put in with some GHDs and voila! Hair perfection. My hair was my thing! But RA has this special little party trick where even on good days you have complete weakness in your hands. That means brushing your hair with said hands is a total ball ache. So you stop brushing it and it gets all matted like a disgusting nest at the back of your head. You look like Hagrad from Harry Potter and trust me, it's not a good look. So, after weeks of gentle persuasion from my mother, I gave in and decided to have it cut off.


Now, you may think it's still long enough, but to a lover of the big kind of hair I may as well be a bauldie! It's short as shit at the back and longer at the front but you know what, whilst I thought at first that it was 1-0 to the RA, actually, I LOVE THE NEW STYLE!!!


With a new style comes a new me (ha! and + a new blog!) and I'm no longer of the 'I can't' attitude anymore. The days of misery and laying in PJs (feeling sorry for myself) are over. I say a big fuck you to the RA!

No comments:

Post a Comment